Home » Posts tagged 'plumbers'
Tag Archives: plumbers
4 tips for the washing machine maintenance
The 4 tricks to maintain and clean the washing machine –επισκευή service πλυντηρίου– are here. All our appliances need regular cleaning, even if they are used to clean other things, such as our washing machine.
The washing machine is one of the most used appliances. Neglecting it may not allow it to do its job properly and clean your clothes. It might lead to build up and debris which will leave your clothes smelly and full of bacteria!
Because it is exposed to moisture so often, the accumulation of mold and detergent, is common. Although you may ignore it at first, over time it becomes a real problem, leading to the appearance of unpleasant odors that pass into your clothes.
Fortunately, there are some tricks that include completely natural materials that will help you thoroughly clean your washing machine. Below we will share with you four of the best laundry maintenance tips, which you can use to maintain its good operation and the perfect washing of your clothes.
Are you ready to learn how to clean your washing machine?
1. Clean the washing machine often
The combination of hot water and apple cider vinegar is one of the best solutions for the maintenance of the washing machine. Eliminates bacteria and mold while removing difficult stains. By regularly disinfecting and maintaining the washing machine, you not only avoid such problems but also maintain its good operation.
It is a good idea to follow this procedure at least once a month to prevent the formation of mold and the development of unpleasant odors.
- hot water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Fill the washing machine with hot water, add the apple cider vinegar and start the short wash program.
- Once done, open the washing machine and let it air dry for one hour.
2. Clean the washing machine and the filter
The filter of the washing machine is in its bucket. It is probably the most complicated point when it comes to cleaning and needs a lot of attention. In this case the issue is not so much the product that you have to use as the removal of the residue trapped in the filter and its cleaning.
- Unplug the washing machine, make sure it is completely empty and remove the filter cover.
- Unscrew the top and remove it completely.
- Remove threads, papers, dirt and any other foreign objects from the filter.
- Then take the screwdriver and use it to turn the turbine and remove any debris stuck there.
- Replace the filter securely before use to prevent water leakage.
3. Cleaning the door hinge
Mold and unpleasant odors tend to grow on the door of the washing machine because moisture accumulates there.
Although you can dry this spot after each wash, there is almost always some moisture left which sooner or later causes problems.
To neutralize germs and mold, you will take advantage of the antiseptic properties of hydrogen peroxide and lemon.
Materials for cleaning the washing machine
- 950 ml of water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup hydrogen peroxide
- Take the juice from a fresh lemon and mix it immediately with water and hydrogen peroxide in a bucket.
- Carefully observe the position of the door hinge so that you can easily put it back on.
- Where you see mold, spray it with lemon disinfectant and wipe with a sponge.
Clean all areas around the door hinge to completely remove mold.
- Before putting the hose back on, spray it once more with the solution and wipe it well with a dry cloth.
4. Cleaning the soap dispenser for laundry detergent and fabric softener
Laundry soap and fabric softener often accumulate a lot of residue, especially if you use powder detergent.
Cleaning it is simple and necessary, as various substances can stick to its walls and decompose causing unpleasant odors.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 950 ml hot water
- Dissolve the vinegar in hot water.
- Wipe the soap dispenser and soak it in the solution for ten minutes.
- Wipe it well and let it dry.
- If the soap dish is not removable, spray it with the solution and rub it with a sponge.
How often should you clean and maintain the washing machine?
It is important to understand that you need to apply the above maintenance tips at least every two months to be effective, as dirt and mold collect quickly.
Also, after each wash, leave the washing machine door open to allow proper ventilation.
Washing machine service and professional cleaning
Even if you keep cleaning your washing machine, you will sometime need a professional cleaning. If you are going to call an expert in washing machine maintenance, call the professional crew of 24gr.gr! They will come to your house and repair your appliance, leaving it as good as new.